FW: [at-l] Let's Get Stupid

>"...Now that gets into a hardcore religious discussion"

Nay. It's just my feeble attempt to make this discussion remotely on topic. None
of us know whether evolution is continuing or not. Since it seems to have been
around for several billion years, I suspect it is continuing, though perhaps in
convoluted ways that none of us can pretend to understand.

Call them cycles or not, but evolution has produced many dead ends -- from
dinosaurs to neanderthals. Are you sure, Jim, that some species didn't back out
of the dead ends and go on to prosper. It seems likely that something from out
of space wiped out the giant "complex" dinosaurs, thus allowing some of those
"loser" animals that remained to evolve into humans.

Weary