FW: [at-l] Let's Get Stupid

>"... Evolution is not still operative in humans," thinks JBK.

He's wrong of course. The reason? He, like Jim, thinks evolution is a straight
line. From primitive to superior. Nay. Evolution is like the waves of the ocean
-- like the tides, like bi-polar, beneficial one millennium, harmful, maybe, the
next. If we have evolved to the point where the "biologically defective" are
reproducing at a greater rate than the "normal," why do you think that won't
simply change the direction of evolution, rather than eliminate it?

However, I'm not even sure the premise is correct. If some being directs these
things, logic might suggest that given a finite world, that being may be
ordaining that we conserve some wild places -- and since the "civilized" are
failing to do so, she's trying a different direction.

Weary, who could expand on this issue, but who's wife wants supper.