[at-l] Hiking Heroes?

I forgot four of my heroes who must remain nameless because my memory's
leaking.

I came off the trail going into Helen.  The road was narrow -- to me -- and
if a car went wild it would have hit me or I would have had to jump.  This
car passed me going in the other direction.  A few minutes later, it came
back.  I figured it for a local on a short errand.  Turns out that I had
just passed the state park and two fellow backpackers had seen me from the
park.  They waved and yelled but I did not hear them.  They told this
Christian couple who had just dropped them off that I was obviously headed
into town and probably would appreciate a ride.  The couple drove down the
road looking for me.  When they finally spotted me and could stop, they
picked me up and took me into Helen, Ga.  They spent some time finding me a
motel that had an open room.  Even gave me a cold drink and some snacks
while we rode around.  The husband even jumped out and asked if they still
had room at the inn ;-) since I was stuffed in the back seat.

Good people.  All four.

William, The Turtle

PS	No I was not making a cut at non-Christians or putting Christians
up.  The young man was going to go that fall to one of the Christian
colleges in Columbia: We have two.  One that appears to be an
non-denominational Bible college, and a Luthern seminary.  And having grown
up Southern Baptist, and gone to many other churches, it struck me as kind
of nice that Christians were acting like Christ.