[at-l] Let's Get Stupid

> 	No, no, no. God made Man the steward of the Earth. We
> are to take care of it until God's return, just as a
> foreman is supposed to oversee and protect the owner's
> property. Any Christian who is not an environmentalist is
> saying essentially that God's creation is not worthy
> of being preserved.

Tut tut!  Next you will be quoting scriptures at me like, "God will ruin
those ruining the Earth." (Revelation 11:18)  Strange thing is, God invented
sprawl.  (Gen 11:8)  Of course, then there's Numbers 35:33; 'Do not pollute
the land where you are'.

In any case, you can't escape that Jesus was a hiker - and he hiked in
sandals.

Funny how you'll get the 'blasphemy' change for saying that - and for noting
that the unmeasured dome of the cathedral of the sky is far finer than any
building any man ever built or that a field of green grass, cow turds or no,
is a finer altar than any made with precious materials by craftsmen of any
skill.  It seems to me that these simple truths make churches rather
obsolete.  Rather like the poem says:

"The kiss of the sun for pardon
The song of a bird for mirth
I am nearer God's heart in a garden
Than anywhere on Earth"

Seems to me that your environmentalist Christians ought to be tearing
churches down and wandering in the wilderness from time to time...

Shane