[at-l] I'm on a roll

> OK, next Q.  I think bears are the most cuddly, cutest things
> around.......As long as they are the Vermont Teddy Bear Company Kind.
> Otherwise, I'm scared to death of getting eaten by one.
> Is this a necessary worry?

No.  Being eaten by a bear is very unlikely.  If you DO manage to get eaten
by one, though, I would consider that to be a very good death.  A real and
true honor.  A pleasure almost.

Having said that, carry some bear spray just for laughs.  Carrying bear
spray won't kill you, and might save you.

  What measures should I take while hiking the AT?  I know from reading
journals that people don't often hang a bear bag, and often times sleep with
food in their tents.  What's everyone's opinion of this?  What precautions
should I take?

Bear bag, stay clean, and don't feed the critters.

Shane