[at-l] RE: Another Q

In a message dated 7/12/2003 1:57:35 PM Eastern Standard Time,
nickpvb@bellsouth.net writes:

> I've had enjoyable Florida Trail hikes in the summer.  If you start by 7 or
> 8:00 am you can day-hike 10 - 15 miles then call it a day.  In the Ocala NF
> (and other spots) you can end your hike at a Spring.  Two I really like are
> Juniper and Alexander Springs.  Its crystal clear 72 degree water coming
> straight out of the Aquifer.

I've done Ocala hikes at at/around Juniper and Alexander Springs.  But, I've
done them in winter.  The last time they had record lows of 28 degrees.  The
early morning hike ending at one of those two places sounds ideal, actually.
Alas, it's a five hour drive from where I live, so it's a bit of a chore to get
there.  But then again, what hiking trip isn't a chore?  I may just try it
out.

Thanks for the idea!  What about bugs? Aren't they a problem that time of the
day?

GoVolsGoDean