[at-l] RE: Another Q

Don't let  the heat and humidity stop you from hiking completely. You can cut back and just do low milage walks. The heat and humidity can actually help prepare you, because on a thru-hike there will be plenty of times when it will be REALLY hot. During my 2001 thru-hike we had record breaking heat during the time I was going thru PA,NJ, and NY. There were many consecutive days above 90 and very high humidity. Most of the springs and creeks were DRY. 2 days in NY were 100 degrees. Oh, and one more thing, it was not flat like Florida. So get out there and don't forget the sunscreen. The lemon squeezer is fun.
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: KellyGoVols@aol.com
  To: bleederguy@adelphia.net ; at-l@backcountry.net
  Sent: Friday, July 11, 2003 9:01 PM
  Subject: Re: [at-l] RE: Another Q

  In a message dated 7/11/2003 8:34:36 PM Eastern Standard Time, bleederguy@adelphia.net writes:

    HIKE!  That?s what you need to do.  Have all your stuff you plan to bring.

  HIKE you say?  It's 93 degrees RIGHT NOW with some God awful humidity percentage of around 80%.  I cannot hike in Florida in the summer.  I have a three month window of opportunity to hike here, and that's flat, and under water... well, most of the time.  Have you checked in with our guy Dean, lately?

  GoVolsGoDean