[at-l] A REAL question

>"... The Lemon Squeeze.  How does a 5' tall girl do this?  Apparently, after
>the squeeze, there is a vertical wall, how, if I'm alone, going to get me and
>my pack up said wall." asks Kelley.

It seems to be human nature to exaggerate trail difficulties. I do it myself.
But hundreds of five-footers have hiked the trail from end to end. I've done
several "lemon squeezes" on and off the AT. All were passable by ordinary
hikers, regardless of size. This is a popular recreation trail. It is designed
to be accessible by everyone in reasonable health, regardless of stature. Some
sections are more difficult than others. But if you are able to walk to the hard
places, you will be able to surmount the difficulties.

I heard stories about Mahoosuc Notch and Katahdin's Knife Edge and worried about
how i was ever going to do them. Both turned out to be more exciting and fun
than difficult.

Weary