[at-l] OT: Other hiking lists for a newbie?

Red wrote:  "There are a whole lot of lists you can belong to that are STRICTLY about hiking."

I'm pretty new to this game so I'm still discovering a lot of the resources available.  I do love this list and really appreciate the exchange of technical, educational, and human info and especially the banter.  I know that the collective "you" has a wealth of info about resources and I continually bookmark sites that I find interesting that have been referenced in the discussions.  Are there other places that would also be to my benefit in learning more about hiking in general as well as the AT?

If you would rather reply privately rather than use band width, please do.

TIA,

Kent Gardam