[at-l] RE: Backpack? Mithril, StrapPack?

Edward C. Hinnant wrote:

> Otherwise, check Ebay soon for THE STRAPPACK and STRAPOLOUNGER!!!
> Thanks,
> Cedar Tree

Oooohhh - close, but . . . . what I want is the pack to turn into a camp
chair!  The strapalounger doesn't look like it could entice me out of my
hammock, but what I really miss is a back rest when sitting and writing
journal entries in the evening. (yes, I know I can just lean against a
tree - but I always get ants crawling up my back, and I'm such a wuss
about things like that!)  You could use the same basic idea, but you
might need to add a couple of 'stays' which might even improve the
suspension possibilities of the pack as well.  Design it so the
compression straps have a second configuration that holds the pad in a
chair shape? (yes, in my not-so-lightweight-backpack days, I did have
one of those chair conversion kits for my thermarest! and I still miss it)

spike
heading out for Mts Adam and Madison tomorrow and Saturday!
yehawwwwwwww. I need a hike.  Hey ART! where are we hiking on Tuesday??
And it needs to be Tuesday rather than Monday, as I have a funeral on
Monday that I managed to move from Saturday so I wouldn't have to cancel
on this hike tomorrow (bad priest . . . bad bad priest . . . but it did
work out well for the family this way, and I will be off of Madison in
time to preach on Saturday evening at 5!  (Comment heard about the
Episcopal Church in Crawford Notch (which is where I do the Sat evening
services): "The preacher wears hiking boots")