In-line-water filter? & Re: [at-l] The AT-L Campfire

I suspect an additional factor could be the calendar -- the time of the
year.

This time of year, I'm mostly doing trailwork.  Anyone interested in how
much sidehill I cut, blowdowns removed, waterbars installed, etc.?  I doubt
it.  I'll get back to hiking later in the year; but even then I seldom think
my hikes are all that interesting, compared to others I read about.  I tend
to post only if I have a very good, or bad, experience with some equipment;
or I have an unusual occurrence, which I think might be of interest.

Also, later in the year some of next years class of thru-hikers will show up
here.  Although I too wish some of them will look at the archives, they
should evoke more gear and how-to postings.  I also suspect that a flipside
to the lack of new class excided planners is that this time of year most of
us currently on the list are fairly well equipped and, if not fixed in our
ways, somewhat stable in our equipment, style of hiking, etc.

Speaking of equipment, I am interested in others experience with in-line
water filters.  I'm trying a SafeWater Anywhere.  I like the weight savings.
However, it took 4-5 days (maybe) for the filter to slow to a snail's pace.
I would love it if it continued to work as it did out of the box, the
concept is great, but I am not sure if it can hold out for long term use. I
am sick of chemicals, and I'd like to reduce the weight of a pump filter, so
this would be the bomb alternative.  And, yes, I cleaned the pre-filter.

Chainsaw