Gruitcake (was) RE: [at-l] food

My wife makes a great fruitcake.  The fruit is soaked in rum
before mixing in the batter.  After baking and allowing the
fruit cake to cool a 1/2 cup of brandy is poured on each loaf
and the loaf is sealed in platics (airtight) for three
monthw.  The cake is unsealed each month for some additional
seasoning.  After three months the cake is too thin to eat
with a fork and too thick for a soda straw.  When we serve it
to friends they need a dsignated driver.  With all the
alcohol no nasty little beasties could survive.  And there
are plenty of calories.

Grey Owl