[at-l] The "process" of posting any sort of topic

As an increasingly distant lurker, the threads
regarding the process of how topics wander are
interesting to me as a function of my work, as well as
a function of my avocations. I have deliberately
reduced time for this list to change priorities for
profession and civic service. Many on this list seem
to struggle with individual priorities from time to
time. I suspect this is not only the hiker's lot.

Unfortunately, Hiker A's priorities are no more and no
less holy than Hiker B's. The list has developed the
tendency to become very personal in expression of both
differences and affections. Even the ability to
tolerate a breadth of opinion has seemed to shrink to
the width of TP. Not every hiker possesses the clarity
of seeing how to jump thru the eye of a needle on the
way from the kitchen to Katahden.

This list has become far less welcoming for new and
old listers, hence less educational. The combined
enmity and boredom of TA ought to be a caution to
those who frequented that scene. I suspect that it is
easier to see the mote in the eye of the other hiker,
than the log in one's own eye.

OrangeBug