[at-l] STOVES

I remember ditching my alcohol at Stover Creek Shelter because it was too heavy (I kept the tin can stove-yes it is nice, but then there's accessories).  Then my hiking partner had her esbit stove and tabs. The stove weighs a total of 3.25 ounces and EACH tab weighed 1/2 ounce. 8 ounces of water came to boil in 8 mins.-same as alcohol stove and others. Didn't even use up a full tab. She used foil as a windscreen. When she was done with the foil, she folded it back up and put it in her sack. You can extinguish the tab by blowing on it, there's no ash or residue and it's CHEAP!  Some of the outfitters are carrying this, including Walasi Yi, which was great. We were also in a mid April rain, and they still lit up with no problem. There is no doubt in my mind this is the way to go with a stove. NO WEIGHT !

Marsha
Cleveland