[at-l] Re: San Juan Trekking aka Camping Up High with my posse!

OK, next time you're in Durango-way, gotta gimme a call.  Though this
w/e wouldn't have reached me because I too was in the mtns.  Watched the
fireworks in Silverton Friday night - not as good as those in
Independence, CA, but good nonetheless, biggest in W. Colorado, they
say.

Saturday, after an awesome breakfast in Silverton, four-wheeled over
Cinnamon Pass towards Lake City, hiked a short ways in to an alpine
meadow above tree-line for base camp.  Early Sunday, dodging probably
those same showers and clouds you saw, climbed 2 14ers, Redcloud and
Sunshine - admitedly, Sunshine is only 14,001.  Back to camp by noon,
trail head by 3, Durango by 7

Another good 4th, June 4th was also pretty good.

Ke Kaahawe