OT - RE: [at-l] Keeping it a hiking discussion?

Ditto.  Not Datto.  Ditto.

I was once on a list and posted a question about whether anyone was going to
the ALA conference -- hoping to catch a ride or split a room.  I got blasted
by the List Nazi (and NO I am not insulting any one on this list; others on
the list apparently agreed with me).  Granted the list was suppose to be
about Cataloging, but this person decided that questions not directly
dealing with Cataloging should not be posted.   They even "hated" questions
about other Tech Services. I quit.

ALA = American Library Association

Tech Services = Acquisitions; Serials; Cataloging.  But not computers.
Systems is computers.

Cataloging = Well it is basically doing what needs to be done to come up
with call numbers, subject headings, etc. for either a print library catalog
(remember card catalogs?) or for an OPAC.

William, The Free Library Cataloging Turtle
    -- Comes the revolution... --