[at-l] Re: at-l Digest, Vol 3, Issue 11

>"...So if anyone walks most (I'd say over 75 percent) of the AT and walks 2,000
>miles, then give them a patch.

I wouldn't go quite that far, but my preferred patch would go to either those
who walked past all the white blazes or past blue blazes constructed by
maintaining clubs to open up special vistas, or to highlight special places
designed to augment the hiker experience as opposed to making it easier.

 Having said this, the decision rests with ATC or some other patch-dispensing
 group. No one should desire a patch so badly that they lie on the application
 form.

As The Trutle, says, "The patch is nothing more than and never has been nothing
more than a "Good Boy/Girl" badge.  Fun to have, but it and a nickel won't even
get you a cup of coffee." Certainly, a patch is not worth lying about.

 Bob