[at-l] Andover Guest House

Last Tuesday, July 1, Richard aka Pegleg, who ran the Andover (Maine) Guest
House passed away suddenly. Evidently he had an asthma attack during the
night and suffered a heart attack as a result. 3 AT hikers with medical
training worked on him and revived him once, but for only a couple of
minutes. The EMT's arrived sometime later (Andover is quite a distance from
Rumford, the closest hospital center).

I was visiting Andover on Saturday and the family members were at the wake.
I think the funeral was yesterday. The in-law that I talked with stated
firmly that the plan is to continue operating the Guest House for the hiking
season. Pegleg's wife wasn't available to talk and my contact was a
son-in-law (I think) who was getting his training from the hikers staying at
the house. He's planning to stay the month of July to help out.

Arthur aka RockDancer