From: Robert Moore [mailto:simva4040@yahoo.com]
Sent: Tuesday, July 08, 2003 1:18 AM
To: at-l@mailman.backcountry.net
Subject: [at-l] sleeping safety while in the hammock

Seems like your biggest fear would be someone (or something) walking blindly
into the tent and falling/stumbling into the tent and upon you....at least
while in the hammock if they are that blind they would walk into the hammock
at about waist level...assuming they didnt walk into the fly first (most
likely), which would/should sound the alarm in their mind to stop-well
before gettin to you in the 'mock.....
Cant imagine what might happend if a frightened and running scared moose ran
between the trees supporting your hammock...thinking of that makes me glad I
didnt know about hammocking when I was hiking on Isle Royale :)

  _____

Do you Yahoo!?
SBC
<http://pa.yahoo.com/*http://rd.yahoo.com/evt=1207/*http://promo.yahoo.com/s
bc/> Yahoo! DSL - Now only $29.95 per month!