From: <Bluetrail@aol.com>
To: <at-l@backcountry.net>
Sent: Monday, July 07, 2003 6:24 PM
Subject: [at-l] Dehydrator Trays

found at:  http://backpacker.com/technique/article/0,1026,2687,00.html

> This morning I plugged in the new-to-me (bought used) dehydrator and had
it warm up, start to smoke, and die.  I started the dehydration going on
cookies sheets in the oven (temp about 140 ?).  Now I'm wondering it I could
put the trays in the oven and thus get better drying.  It kills my
ecological conscience to be running the oven with the door open 2 inches
while simultaneously running the air conditioning.

> Has anyone tried putting plastic dehydrator trays in the oven?????  I sure
hate to throw out three perfectly good salads.

> (Oh, yeah, and yesterday I left the house at 7:00 p.m. to drive the 7
minutes to the FT so I could hike an hour with my 25-lb backpack.  Stopped
to rescue a turtle (slider) crossing the road.  When I got back in the car;
it wouldn't start again.