[at-l] Lean-to Liability

>"...By that argument, then, shelters should also provide food."

Well, not by any logic that I can think of.

An open shelter, especially those in Maine that are mostly built with trees from
the surrounding forest, are less an intrusion of civilization, than your nylon
tent or sil tarp -- or Leki poles for that matter.

Everyone brings the trappings of civilization into the woods these days. But I
suspect I come closer to being "uncivilized" than most with my alder hiking
staff, cotton tee shirt and pants, down jacket, Zip Stove, and generic rice,
pasta and oatmeal. Hmmmm. Is my ever present copy of Walden, an intrusion of
civilization, or just another bit of wildness?

Weary