[at-l] Good News re NC Specialty License Tag Law to Support the AT!

Well, I first tried to post this from the office, but since my office
e-mail is not a registered AT-L address, it was intercepted by those
high tech computer programs our good friend Ryan has employed to save us
from various hackers and viri!  So, here goes a reprint from home:

This morning I spoke with Senator Joe Sam Queen, the NC legislator who
has been a staunch sponsor and supporter of my specialty license tag
idea here in North Carolina.  Senator Queen tells me that his bill
sponsoring a specialty license plate supporting the Appalachian Trail
will almost certainly pass and become law within the month!  Yea, and
many many thanks to this good man for his support and hard work!

With the passage of this bill, the next two challenges are to design an
awesome, attractive tag and to get a minimum of 300 people to sign up to
buy it before the end of this year.  Brian King at the ATC has offered
their help in designing the tag and promoting it.  Now that things are
moving for certain towards passage of the law allowing for this, I very
much would like to get in contact with the existing hiking clubs here in
NC that are associated with the AT, and also figure out other, creative
ways to promote tag sales here in NC, such as promoting it at outdoor
shops, etc.

Senator Queen and I have also discussed the possibility of having some
sort of a "shindig" or such this fall in the western part of NC
(possibly Hot Springs?) where we could have a fun weekend and promote
this thing.

Anyhow, I reckon my wild idea is now gonna happen, and now comes the
important part - getting the plate designed well, and sold well!  :)

Anyone who has ideas, suggestions or wants to help, please feel free to
e-mail me either at home:  icw@esisnet.com  or at work:
icw@wardanddavis.com or to call me at work (see contact info below).

Thanks a ton!

Clark Wright