[at-l] headlamps, southern humor and one more question

Red,
There are a number of small lights available.  I like the Photon 2
and 3 lights but they are pricey.  The -2 has a locking on/off switch
and weighs 5 grams.  The -3 has 4 beam modes (high, medium,
low, auto-off) and 3 beacon modes (sos, fast/slow strobe) and
weighs 7 grams.  Both are water resistant but not water proof and I
had one mess up on a weekend of heavy rain.  Photon replaced it
at no charge.

Batteries on both last about 10 to 12 hours.  You can remove the
key rings and get an aligator clip from radio shack that fits the hole
perfectly and use it as a clip-on for your hat.

There are a lot of other micro lights out there including some that
just cost about $2 but I have no experience with them.  I carry my
Photon -2 on a cord around my neck with a whistle, flint/steel, and
leatherman micro.  I carry a second on my key chain for everyday
use.

BTW i doubt you will ever be sorry you bought the Aurora!  My son
had a bracket on his break and they replaced the whole light under
the lifetime warranty
Tin Man
www.antigravitygear.com