[at-l] Off the PCT and looking to play...

Well, believe it or not, my body just could not acclimate to the elevation
of the High Sierra.  I could make it up to about 11,500' but with multiple
passes over 12,000' ahead of me, I just wasn't going to be able to make it
through to Yosemite.  Having been feeling quite ambivalent about the entire
hike for a few weeks now, I decided to go visit some friends in Santa Clara
and figure out what to do from there.

While there is a slight chance I'll get back on the trail, it's not likely.
I'm not particularly disappointed in my decision to get off the trail.
Mostly, I had hoped I would have developed more drive for the trail as I
hiked.  That's what happened to me on the AT but I guess it wasn't meant to
be on the PCT.

In any case, I'm not looking to go home anytime soon.  Rather, I'm hoping to
find friends, family, and fans who would either like to come out and play
somewhere, or have company.  I love to travel and enjoy seeing local sights
wherever I find myself.  It's also not unlikely that I'll find some other
places to hike along the way.  Suggestions are most definitely welcome.

I am tentatively thinking that I'll stay out west, moving northward towards
the Seattle area from the San Francisco area until mid-August when I already
have plans to be in Salt Lake City.  From SLC, I'll make my way home to the
Boston area, perhaps visiting more people along the way.  I would like to
get home sometime in September.

Send me an email if you would like to get together or even just say 'hi'.  I
do not expect to rejoin mailing lists until I get home so be sure to reply
to m_factor@hotmail.com, not the mailing list.  I expect to have reasonably
frequent access to my email as I visit with friends or stop at local
libraries.

Let the adventures continue...

Mara