[at-l] Doesn't anyone hike anymore?

> I have reservations to climb Katahdin in August. It'll be
> my first real hiking challenge since a heart medicine
> damaged my lungs nine months ago. But I hike our town land
> trust preserves four or five times a week in between
> mowing my two acres of "lawn."

I cannot express in words how deeply joyful I am at this news.  While we do
not always agree on some issues, I have become quite fond of you, old man,
and I am glad that you are on the upswing.

I recently acquired a CD called The Prayer Cycle that is very moving, and
includes some moving lyrics, even if they are in Hungarian.

The lyrics are:

"Before my body dies,
I pray
That the river I was born to
Will again wash over me."

I am very pleased that the river will again wash over you in August.  We
will, of course, expect a full trip report.

Shane