[at-l] Some Questions

In a message dated 6/28/2003 9:30:18 PM Eastern Standard Time,
ellen@clinic.net writes:

> 1. The Whisperlite is an excellent stove

Kelly: I think I'll keep it. I'll carry the tincanstoveman stove in a bounce
box, just in case.  I'm a gourmet cook, taught by The Boy, so he's helping me
in the food department, based on the Whisperlite.  Thanks for the
reinforcemnet.

If I had a pack that was comfortable when carrying the gear and food
needed for a three or four day hike, I wouldn't replace it.

Kelly:  I just don't think it is big enough.  It really is kind of small.

If you start in April, which is plenty early, a 15 degree bag is overkill.
Even Florida bodies soon adjust to living in the outdoors.

Kelly:  Well, I leaning toward the bag liner.  From what I've heard, that
seems to help warm things up a bit.  I still may buy a different one. I don't
know.  By the way, I'm a slooooow hiker. I'll probably have to start late
February to early March sometime.

Again, the clip flashlight has probably been used by more successful thru
hikers than any other tent. It's tried and true.

That's it, I'm keeping it.  I like it, it's comfortable and I've never had a
problem with it.

I wouldn't carry a luxury (i.e. heavy) Thermarest. I carried a 3/4 length
ultralite. It wasn't as comfortable at night, but it sure helped during the
day.

Still debating this one....

Maine granite is granite colored. I would advise nothing less than granite
colored granite.

I like the sound of "Maine Granite."  So Maine Granite it is.

Thanks, Weary!

GoVolsGoDean.