[at-l] Re: Some Questions

Obviously, you have a winter synthetic fill sleeping
bag. Two symptoms: 1) It doesn't compress to a useful
size; and 2) You were cold well above its stated
limit. Keep your other gear and buy a good high
quality goose down bag from Western Mountaineering,
Feathered Friends or other vendor. A $400-$600
investment will last at least one lifetime and never
dissappoint you. It should be the most expensive part
of your gear.

Expect all of your gear to fail in some way. Learn how
to do repairs on your Whisperlite, Thermorest, tent,
backpack and yourself. There are few things that go
wrong that either a rubber O-ring or duct tape won't
fix. Everything else responds to heavy silk thread and
a big needle.

OrangeBug