[at-l] Some Questions

Really, this is as ON TOPIC as they get.  I have a few questions, and they
may seem pretty dumb to some of you, but I'm a tad clueless, so here goes:

1.  What type of stoves do ya'll use on long distance hikes?  I have never
gone hiking for more than a long weekend, and use the Whisperlite. I have a
tincanstoveman stove, and I'm sure that is a lot lighter, but what fuel does it
use?  Is it readily available on the trail?  Will I blow myself up?

2.  Backpacks.  I have small frame, and I currently have a $79 Camptrails
pack that I use that weighs next to nothing.  It's perfect for my weekend
outings, however, I'm not sure it's big enough for a thru-hike.  Also, at $79, I'm
concerned about the quality.  How big of a backpack will I need?  What weight?

3.  I have a 15 degree bag, the Sierra Designs something.  When I went
camping in Ocala, the low was 28 degrees, and I damn near froze, even with all my
clothes on and toasty toes and hand warmers.  Help?  This Florida gal is going
to FREEZE.

4.  My tent.  It's the Clip Flashlight, and I've set it up and took it down a
hundred times, and it's my second one.  I set it up in Hurricane Iris, and it
stayed dry and didn't blow to Kingdom Come, so I like it.  But, are there any
new lighter weight ones out there I should look into? I also like my Clip
because I can acatully sit up in it.  Roominess is important to me.  I can't sit
still.  I need room to MOVE.

5.  I have the luxury model thermarest.  I like it and I'm spoiled.  Should I
think of unspoiling myself and go for something lighter?  Please say no.

6.  OK, this is a question I'm almost embarrassed to ask, but where do you
stash your winter sleeping bag?  I attached mine to the outside of my pack.  Is
this right?  For the record, people, I'm surrounding by non-hiking folks.  I
know NO ONE who backpacks, with the exception of you guys.

7.  This question is for Weary:  When I can afford to replace my icky bright
post it note colored counter tops with the granite I love, what color should I
buy?    (OK OK, I know, enough with the countertops!)

That's all I can think of now.  Back to hunting for tile and countertops and
other stuff I can't afford.

GoVolsGoDean, class of 2032