[at-l] Re: at-l Digest, Vol 2, Issue 36

In a message dated 6/26/2003 3:18:53 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
spiriteagle99@hotmail.com writes:

> Naaah - you're not ponderin', Roxy - your knee jerks too fast for you to
> "ponder"  anything.
> You should learn to read slower and better.  I wrote - and I quote:
>
> And that final phrase has been the central message of this whole thread.
> How did you miss that?

           ***   Let's not split hairs, but the central message has actually
been a warm sort of detailing of personal drinking habits associated with the
Trail. All this stemming from an incident originating from current
alcohol-related Trail problems. I find it interesting that the thread evolved from people
being shocked over a violent alcohol-caused Trail incident to sort of
light-hearted banter over personal drinking likes. To me it sort of embodies the
difference between standing beside and observing things on the AT and actually
being involved and influential. Eh, not the greatest offense, but telling. As a
Trail community, I wonder what the effect will be on the next incident people
are shocked over...

> Now --- you've been trying to pick a fight with me for a week or more now.
> What is it with you - you lonely maybe?  Or maybe you just miss TA?
> Whatever - there's an old (1992) C&W song title that applies to your recent
> attempts to incite riot.  The title is - "Here's a quarter - Call someone
> who cares".  <VVBG>
>
> Jim

          ***  As with MacKaye, when the real evidence arrives the "Roxy"
stuff starts (isn't that against list rules btw?) The real root of this was when
I was asked to reconsider my land acquisition views because of an unrelated
canoe contract incident. I then pointed out that those focusing on a 6 thousand
dollar over expense vs the 4 million dollar cost on Saddleback should perhaps
be the ones who should be reconsidering. These persons were standing up for
the owners land rights. After all, if Breen dropped his price for his property
by half, then perhaps the huge price on some unprofitable mountain slope could
realistically be considered to be worth half as well? In this case the amount
would be close to 2 million dollars that was over spent. Weary was accused of
"attacking TJ" in his response that received many posts of several paragraphs
from Jim. My post, however, received no such answer from Jim, who then somehow
considers his own somewhat personal response differently. This isn't "picking
a fight" Jim, it's open conversation on legitimate Trail topics. Shame some
have to resort to breaking list tone in response (or to avoid answering the
real points [6 thousand vs 2 million - and the reaction there over])...