[at-l] Re: at-l Digest, Vol 2, Issue 36

">...The Boy and I bought a house yesterday. Welcome to the great American
>nightmare."

The girl and I paid off our house Friday. Well, can a girl really still be a
girl at 63? Maybe. We priced a new backpacking tent at LL Bean's yesterday. The
mortgage was only $97,000 on house and land we bought for $2,950. Those who have
been listening can guess how old I am. The others don't matter.

The most recent mortgage financed a second house, now rented by a son who at age
35 decides to finally take Shane's advice to "get an education."

The mortgage was paid off thanks to a $7,000 wood lot we bought 25 years ago
because I heard the world was  running out of oil and, thus, we ought to have an
alternative fuel.

Of course until the recent war to eliminate weapons of mass destruction -- that
no one seems to be able to find -- oil in dollars adjusted for inflation was at
about its lowest price in history.

Nevertheless. We are now debt free. So listen up, you kids. Invest wisely, based
on solid facts, and everything will come out ok in the end.

Weary