[at-l] A Request for Information

>"...What magazine did that article appear? I swear I read it but I can't place
>where."

Walt Whitman wrote and rewrote 'Leaves of Grass' through successive editions
continuing through much of his long life.

Like "leaves" this piece has had many manifestations. My first version was
written on a hillside in Tennessee in 1993. It's been revised, rewritten to fit
different forums and expanded many times since then. Trailway News has used a
version. I use it as a filler for the newsletters I write for trail groups in
Maine. A much modified version appears as one of the essays in   "On Wilderness,
Voices from Maine." a collection of essays by Maine writers, that I mentioned on
the list a few days ago.

The version I posted most recently appeared in "Habitat," a bimonthly journal
published by the Maine Audubon Society. I also posted a different version on
this list three years ago. Sometimes it appears as a poem. Sometimes as prose.

Weary