[at-l] A.T. Books (Red)

red, well not "everyone".

before my thru (pre-internet) i read EVERY book i could get my hands on.  the rodale book was almost committed to memory. the shorter paperback version of the rodale book probably WAS committed to memory.

after my hike, however, i really have no interest in reading about anyone else's.  there had to be something "special" or "different" for me to pick up and read someone elses account of their hike.  for example, i've read bill irwin (blind hiker), bill bryson (curious) and robert rubin (curious about the story about the church hostel in manchester center).  i would read a book by baltimore jack or wingfoot if they decided to write one.  i have no interest at all in the online journals.  i do purchse the various picture books and trail historical books as they come out.

guess we're all different.

red wrote:

I guess I'm saying - every journal, every account of a thru hike, or even a
section hike, or a thru hike that ended - we read, if we can find it. It's nice
to find it free on the web. We devour those accounts. But most of us buy any
books related too. Even those of us with limited means find the money to
purchase the books about the AT.