[at-l] Top Ten Clues To Thru-hiking the Appalachian Trail forPlanner Types

Planning for 2004?!? Jeez man, I'm planning for 2005,
have been for a couple years now. Here's my planning
philosophy. Plan everything down to the absolute
minute and gram. I know precisely when and where I'm
doing what and why, and how I'll be doing it. I plan
and plan, and plan some more. Then, when it's time to
execute, I toss all those plans and expectations out
the window and start planning to improvise. Planning
becomes a hobby in itself to keep me mindful of my
goals. You should've seen me when I traveled Europe,
Rick Steve's ain't got nothing on me. 30 days, 6
countries, all with one (small) backpack on my back!

walk softly, carry two poles, Godspeed

=== message truncated ===