[at-l] A Request for Information

I'm looking for any information, stories, experiences, facts, etc. you had
or know about any of the trail towns along the Trail.  I'm not particularly
looking for trail guide kind of data, like places for hikers to stay, or
services, although if you had an exceptional time, good or bad, I'd like to
hear about that too with as much detail as possible.  What I am most
interested in are:

1.	Detailed stories about what your most memorable experiences were
when you were in the town,
2.	Interesting or memorable townspeople you met,
3.	Histories you learned while you were there,
4.	Places of historical or cultural interest,
5.	Cultural observations, factoids, etc.
6.	What were your overall impressions/observations, good or bad, about
any town(s) that stand out in your memory,
7.	What time of year you were/are there,
8.	Did you walk to town, were you shuttled or did you drive there on a
visit?

Perhaps you live in or nearby one of the trail towns.  I'd like to know what
it's like for you to live there, and any information you may have.

If you met or know of any townspeople from any town that was/is associated
with any hiker services as well as trail maintenance or oversight, and you
found these people memorable for some reason, let me know who they are and
what your observations/experiences were in meeting them.

If you know of any websites that any of the towns may have, I'd like to
know.

Please DON'T send this information to the list.  Send it to me privately at
cballs@verizon.net

Finally, if any of you have contact with any AT section or thru-hikers who
are not subscribers to this list, would you be so kind as to pass on this
email to them?  If they do not have email, please email me and I'll give you
my postal address.

Thank all of you for your kind and generous help.

Curtis