[at-l] Can money buy happiness article

My parents won the Fantasy Five Lottery here in Florida three years ago.
They up and moved to Hendersonville, NC, couldn't find jobs, spent all the
lottery money to pay bills, ran out of money and promptly moved BACK to South
Florida.  They immediately found jobs, and are right back where they started.  They
were no more happy before, during or after said lottery winnings.  I think
they were giddy as all get out when they first found out they won, though.

Also, I have a friend who last year made $130,000.  She bought and spent and
traveled and didn't really "work," just had accounts from a previous job she
was collecting the dividends from.  And she is a miserable person.  Anyway, in
the past two months, she lost two of her largest accounts, reducing her income
to $15,000 a year.  She didn't save a dime. Now she's miserable AND scared.

I make a decent living, The boy makes a decent living, but we are not rich by
any stretch of the imagination.  However, we are VERY happy.  We both like
the best quality in things, which sometimes means the most expensive.  However,
we work hard and save our money so we can afford these things. I don't mean
that I go out and buy $1500 handbags. (Please!) but I do buy expensive gear.
His thing is stereo equipment.  We do clip coupons, and buy generic ramen, and
save money on the little things.  This is why we are now able to afford a house
on a 1/2 acre, waterfront lot with a pool.  And believe me, a half acre is
HUGE by South Florida standards.

Wow, this is a much more positive post than my last rant.  I think I'm
officially out of my "funk."  Besides, we saw the greatest house today!  It was in a
park like setting and so quiet and peaceful and beautiful..... And it has
lots of mature fruit trees, and the pool is screened, and waterfront on two
sides, and a GREAT Master bedroom and bath with French doors leading out to the
pool, and a two car garage and, oh forget it, I could go on and on. Ya'll ain't
interested.  I'm just sooo excited!  Plus, two weeks from tomorrow, I'll be
visiting a certain red headed girl in Jonesboro, TN, and will be out of the
sweltering South Florida heat for a few days.

WooHooGoVols!