[at-l] Another (I'm bored)

Never underestimate the Cluelessness of People

Questions asked by Library users:

Do you have any translations of Shakespeare's Romeo and Juilet? -- Turtle's
comment: Yeah it is hard to understand, but duh, it's in English.

I want this book that's red. -- Turtle's comment: This is the entire
description of the book that the patron had.

Do you have any books here?

I want Hamlet.  I don't know who it's by...

What do you mean by I have to pay for the book? This is a public library
isn't it? -- Turtle's comment: On a fine for a lost book.

Why can't I check books out here?  This is a library isn't it? -- Turtle's
comment: Comment heard at a private library belonging to a private
organization.

Why can't I use my cellphone? -- Turtle's comment: In the public areas of a
small library.

Why can't I use my cellphone in this office? No-one's here. -- Turtle's
comment: This happened to me when I found a student in one of our back
offices.

Got anything I can read?

Why can't I leave my children here while I go to class?  -- Turtle's
comment: This happens all the time.  They want to use us as babysitters
because kids are not allowed in classrooms when a class is in session.  And
we cannot be resposible for watching them when we are working.  Once a prof.
left his young daughter in our library.  He came back after his class.  She
was gone.  The campus security was called.  The sheriff's dept. was called.
SLED was called -- SC's version of the FBI.  Guess what happened to the poor
girl: She was with her Mom.  She just got tired and called her Mom to pick
her up.  But guess what could happened to her.

God protect us from the Clueless.  I once had a lecture from a very snooty
tourist on his rights to come into "your [meaning me] establishment!"  I let
him.  It was a 1%ter bar.

William, The Turtle.