GOT: Quotes for the Nut Lovers (was) RE: [at-l] More on (not moron) Cave Dog!

I think he's nuts or egotistical, but that's from my viewpoint.  And in the
back of my mind was a quote about the correlation between "nuts" and
"genuises" or "artists".  So I went web searching.  And never found my
quote.  But I did find these quotes.  And since I think Mr. Peanut would fit
right in this group, I thought y'all might like them.

William, The Turtle

I'm nuts and I know it. But so long as I make 'em laugh, they ain't going to
lock me up.
Red Skelton (1913 - 1997) US comedian, actor

"You know the world's gone nuts when the best rapper is a white guy, the
Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance and
Germany doesn't want to go to war."  (Sale Johnson, socialite, 2003)

"I wouldn't recommend sex, drugs or insanity for everyone, but they've
always worked for me."  (Hunter S. Thompson)

"In a mad world, only the mad are sane."  (Akira Kurosawa, 1910-98,
filmmaker)

"Insanity and Genius are two sides of the same street."  (Odie Henderson)

The Clinton administration launched an attack on people in Texas because
those people were religious nuts with guns. Hell, this country was founded
by religious nuts with guns. Who does Bill Clinton think stepped ashore on
Plymouth Rock?
P. J. O'Rourke

When I was losing, they called me nuts. When I was winning they called me
eccentric. Al McGuire

There's a very fine line between a groove and a rut; a fine line between
eccentrics and people who are just plain nuts. Christine Lavin