[at-l] More on (not moron) Cave Dog!

There are support teams that mail you stuff when you need it and/or slack your pack over a section then there are the teams that carry everything for you, set up your tent (for 90 minutes of sleep, he probably crashes in a van), prepare all your food and when he did the 46 High Peaks he had a doctor along. Now that tells me that even he knows he's pushing it.

  From: Slyatpct@aol.com
  To: at-l@backcountry.net
  Sent: Thursday, June 19, 2003 7:32 PM
  Subject: Re: [at-l] More on (not moron) Cave Dog!

  In a message dated 6/19/2003 7:18:42 PM Eastern Daylight Time, jbullar1@twcny.rr.com writes:

    When you start doing sleep deprivation and requiring a support team just so you can finish in the least amount of time, that's "nuts".

  I suppose, but how many actually thru-hike or section hike the AT without a support team.  Besides the home team sending mail drops and goodies, just read the journals, everyday someone's getting this or that and slacking is becoming more and more predominant.  Then there are hikers that are light sleepers, that can't stand snoring, etc., but insist in staying in shelters.  Maybe they should invest in a good headlamp.

  Sly