[at-l] More on (not moron) Cave Dog!

In a message dated 6/19/2003 1:09:02 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
nealb@midlandstech.com writes:

> I remember hearing of a guy who ran the whole AT -- slackpacking and backed
> by a "largish" support team all the way from Ga. to Me.  Apparently all he
> carried was what a LD runner would carry.  Anybody remember who it was?

I think Dave Horton was the original Runner and held the record until a
couple years ago when a postman from CT beat it.  I forget his name, but it took
him about 40 days.  There have been others that have attempted it.

Warren Doyle had a record of sorts.  As far as I know, Ward Leonard has the
fastest "backpacking" time (no support) of 60 days.

Sly