[at-l] Thru-Hiker Suicide

There are many reasons and conditions associated with
suicide, just as there are reasons to hike. Reactions
to suicide are equally varied. To me, it seems tragic
for a person's last experience to be spent with a
murderer, particularly knowing the many burdens it
places on the family and folks left to clean up and
pick up the pieces. There are many rationalizations.
There are a few compelling stories. There are more
permanent solutions to temporary problems.

OrangeBug

********Quleldil wrote:
... Also, I read somewhere that exercise works to
 raise serotonin levels ... but I doubt that a
severely depressed individual would set out on a long
hike, but who knows? Maybe OB can shed some
professional light here ...