[at-l] Flies - Problems?

In the dead of summer a fly was resting on a leaf beside a lake. A

hot, dry fly who said to no one in particular, "Gosh, if I go down

three inches, I will feel the mist from the water and I will be

refreshed."

There was a fish in the water thinking, "Gosh, if that fly goes

down three inches I can eat him."

There was a bear on the shore thinking, "Gosh, if that fly goes

down three inches, that fish will jump for the fly, and I will eat

him."

It also happened that a hiker was farther up the bank of the lake

preparing to eat a cheese sandwich. "Gosh," he thought, "if that

fly goes down three inches, and that fish leaps for it, that bear

will expose himself and grab for the fish. I'll photograph the bear

and then have a great story for the AT-L."

You probably think this is enough activity for one bank of a lake,

but I can tell you there was more.

A wee mouse by the hunter's foot was thinking, "Gosh, if that fly

goes down three inches, and that fish jumps for that fly, and that

bear grabs for that fish, the dumb hiker will photograph the bear

and drop his cheese sandwich."

A cat lurking in the bushes took in this scene and thought, as was

fashionable to do on the banks of this particular lake around lunch

time, "Gosh, if that fly goes down three inches, and that fish

jumps for that fly, and that bear grabs for that fish, and that

hiker photos that bear, and that mouse makes off with the cheese

sandwich, then I can have mouse for lunch."

The poor fly is finally so hot and so dry that he heads down for

the cooling mist of the water, The fish swallows the fly, The bear

grabs the fish, The hiker photos the bear, The mouse grabs the

cheese sandwich, The cat jumps for the mouse, The mouse ducks, and

The cat falls into the water and drowns.

The moral of the story is:

Whenever a fly goes down three inches, Some pussy is probably in

danger!