[at-l] Re: Who, where & why...

In a message dated 6/18/2003 6:31:12 PM Eastern Standard Time,
jbryankramer@msn.com writes:

> I hate to break this to you, but almost all Florida oranges are stuffed
> into
> bottles as OJ. I have begun to see some Florida Navels but most of those are
> from California.

Ok, I don't want to get off on a rant here, but I am.  So there.  Citrus
Canker.  Now, I don't have any trees, but it just KILLS me to see peoples trees
cut down because their citrus is "blotchy" not causing harm to the fruit itself,
but making it ugly.  Bryan is right, most of the citrus here in Florida is
used to make juice.  So, what's the point of spending all that money to invade
people's property, have under-educated people to determine whether or not their
citrus trees have canker, and then cut them down?  Arrggh!  I'm not well
educated on the whole situation myself, but people are up in arms down here
(literally, we had a client SHOOT at the canker checkers, and he subsequently was
charged with attempted murder!  He really just shot UP not at, it was
determined)  because of this crap.  Ok, I'm done.