[at-l] Smoking and drinking

Isn't amazing that in the days when just about everyone smoked that you
never heard of all these tobacco smoke "allergies"? I suspect there is a
very large psychosomatic component to these "illnesses". And I am a life
long non-smoker. Kind of like the time when women could faint on demand.

Bryan

"Si vis pacem para bellum"

  Smoking inside of shelter is more than rude.  It ought to be a hanging
offense.  ESPECIALLY IF SOMEONE IS THERE.  Some people are very sensitive to
smoke.  Good manners -- if you have any -- dictates that if you smoke and a
non-smoker is near-by, you move away or you stop smoking.  And, you do not
smoke in an area where smoke residue might accumulate.  Even if you do not
smell it, sensitive people will.  And it can make them physically sick.

  That's why I gave up smokes.  My ex was allergic to the smell and could
smell it on my clothes if I smoked before I went to see her.  And she could
smell it in my car.  So I give it up for her.  And awhile later I gave her
up for my sanity.

  Sighhhhhhh....

  But now, at times, I get roaring sick headaches if I smell smoke residue.

  Maybe, Marsha, you ought to hike with my friend, if he comes back to the
US.  He's about 6' 3" and very muscular.  Not handsome -- he makes Abe
Lincoln look good.  But he hates rude people -- especially smokers -- and is
apt to move them to the next state.  All he has to do is look at them.

  William, The Smoked Ham Turtle
  -- Ham's the only thing I smoke now.