[at-l] Thru-Hiker Suicide

Question: are all suicides depressed?
They call depression a potentially terminal disease, but I don't think all suicides are depressed.
Also I read somewhere that there seems to be a serotonin level during which suicide is more
likely: below or above that level and suicide isn't nearly so likely ...
Just for the record, I had buddies who also committed suicide and agree with Sly ...
Also, I read somewhere that exercise works to raise serotonin levels ... but I doubt that a
severely depressed individual would set out on a long hike, but who knows? Maybe OB can shed some
professional light here ...

--- Shane <shane@theplacewithnoname.com> wrote:
> > Having known close to half dozen people that
> > committed suicide (two others from the PCT)  all I
> > can say is, what an idiot!
>
> Sly!  What an uncaring, insensitive thing to say!  Why I just can't believe
> you would pass that kind of judgment on a troubled....
>
> Ah... Never mind.  I can't do it with a straight face.
>
> Shane

=====
David Addleton
vocate atque non vocate deus aderit