Sensative to smoke (was) RE: [at-l] Smoking and drinking

My ex-wife, who I gave up smoking for, LOVED wood fires.  I LOVE wood fires.
But there is some residual chemical in "modern" tobacco smoke that can
trigger a reaction.  I know at times if I smell tobacco smoke -- not always
-- I will get sick -- sometimes VIOLENTLY.

One time it took me 2 hours plus to crawl from my kitchen door to my bed --
with lots of throwing up along the way.  I had started out sick, but I went
into the b'room at work because we had our annual C'mas parth spread out
there.  Smoking was allowed there -- the only place people could smoke in
our dept.  And while no-one was smoking, the residue was heavy in there and
someone had been smoking their C'mas present -- an expensive but offensive
Cigar.  Our asst. dept. manager had to drive me home -- he insisted.  And my
1st cousin -- a supervisor in the plant -- had to drive my car home.

Think of it this way.  Most people can eat lots of sugar.  Some cannot eat
too much.  And some cannot eat any.  Chemicals affect different people
different ways.  Which is why many products today are carrying warnings that
"this product was processed by machinery used to process peanuts or other
nut products."

A girl I know use to question people about if there were any peanuts in the
food they brought to pot-lucks.  Someone, a nice lady, could not believe a
little ol' peanut would make that much difference.  She found out it did
when she said "No" and then the girl had to be rushed to the hospital.

Imagine having to give up cola with peanuts in it.

William, The Turtle