[at-l] car camping along the AT

I was talking to an "elderly" lady who is interested in the AT.  She feels
she is "too fragile" to do a thru-hike.  But she would like to parallel the
AT as much as possible.  And she is fit enough and feels fit enough to car
camp some: I don't think she would like to  hike 12 miles from a parking lot
to a camping space.  She has done such camping with friends and family over
the years.

Note: "Elderly" and "too fragile" are her words.  I think she is tougher
than that.*

Any suggestions?

I have *really, really* enjoyed camping while being van support for my
daughter's hike ;-) There are lots of links here....

<A HREF="http://www.heathershikinghiatus.homestead.com/TrailMagicMomma.html";>http://www.heathershikinghiatus.homestead.com/TrailMagicMomma.html</A>

For places I have camped...

<A HREF="http://www.heathershikinghiatus.homestead.com/Campgrounds.html";>http://www.heathershikinghiatus.homestead.com/Campgrounds.html</A>

Also, I'd be happy to give any tips I can. I used a combo of the AT
guidebooks and maps, the AT Data book and companion and info from each national forest.
For the bigger states, I bought the atlases from DeLorme.

Since I'm 47 and need a CPAP machine and oxygen concentrator, I can identify
with old and delicate ;-)

Wendy   (wsm311@aol.com)
Peace and Carrots Farm
Vermont