[at-l] Re: Who, where & why...

Who - Zach Davis

Where - Port Charlotte, FL (currently working here),
Atlanta, GA (most of my life) or Ellijay, GA
(hometown, vacation property, cabin one day), . The
computer room here has a wonderful view of Charlotte
Harbor and mangroves, great sunsets which is the only
time I seem to be home anymore.

Why - That has become a more complicated question than
I thought. My stepdad is a Psychologist and has been
talking to me about my dreams, which always seem to be
about motion and trying to reach something
unattainable. He thinks my love of hiking is due to
the linear point to point aspect of it. Having a
tangible goal and going forward to reach it. I've
always just thought it was because I love the woods,
camping, and walking.

Trail Name - Godspeed. Not because I hike fast, but
because I hike at the pace God sets for me and talk to
Him while I hike. Sometimes fast, sometimes slow. My
life long friend and hiking partner gave me the name,
then passed away later that year so now I'm solo with
the name.

Hiking done - AT from Springer Mt to Clingmans Dome.
I've hiked the GA section backwards and forwards, N
and S, sectioned it, combined it with Benton Mackay to
do some great loop hiking, wore it out basically.
Bartram Trail, some of the PCT in CA, Bernese
Oberlands in Swiss Alps, and Grand Canyon for a couple
weeks when I was a teen.

Hiking to do - planning a Northbound thruhike 2005,
Everest before I die

Hiking now - I'm in Florida, hiking here sucks, don't
even start trying to convince me otherwise. I sea
kayak when I'm down here.

AT Bug - Grew up in the mountains, camping and hiking
was just what I did. Started in my Grandmothers' apple
orchards and ventured further and further away.

Marital Status - Recently divorced and still hating
it. She left me for one of the guys we often went
hiking with. Ouch. Maybe it was the flashy backpack.

Age - 28 later this month, anyone wanting to send gear
gifts feel free.

Kids - 2 boys, Adam is 8 later this month, Caleb is 4

Vacation - recently Europe (Swiss Alps ROCK!) planning
on visiting some sheep farming friends in New Zealand
soon. I backpack travel, a whole different animal than
what we usually talk about, but I still have a pack on
my back. ;-)

Music - alt.country, americana, bluegrass

Employment - architectural and mechanical CAD drafter,
and a volunteer mediator of a therapy group for rape
and abuse victims (I'm trying hard to stay out of some
of the recent threads)

Hobbies - Hiking, biking, paddling, sustainable
architecture, timber framing, knot tying, habitat for
humanity

Well, thats some of me,
Godspeed