[at-l] Smoking and drinking

In a message dated 6/17/2003 10:13:10 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
nealb@midlandstech.com writes:

> Smoking inside of shelter is more than rude.  It ought to be a hanging
> offense.  ESPECIALLY IF SOMEONE IS THERE.  Some people are very sensitive to
> smoke.  Good manners -- if you have any -- dictates that if you smoke and a
> non-smoker is near-by, you move away or you stop smoking.  And, you do not smoke
> in an area where smoke residue might accumulate.  Even if you do not smell it,
> sensitive people will.  And it can make them physically sick.

I'm curious, with the fire pits right outside the shelters, doesn't campfire
"residue" bother "sensitive" people also?  I have a hard time believing that
cigarette smoke or residue is any more harmful or noticeable than campfire
smoke or residue.  I know that campfire smoke overwhelms cigarette smoke.

Sly