[at-l] who, where, & why

Well, I don't know many of you. And my love of the AT has to extend to
just love right now. I have no time for anything else until next summer.
But that love has been long growing. I grew up in Georgia, and although
my family never backpacked, we did camp. A lot. At Winfield Scott and
Vogel and Amicalola. Heck, we only lived 15 miles from Amicalola. And
sometime around the early 80's (I'm old), my Dad and I were talking one
day and I discovered how close the AT was to Winfield Scott...just never
realized it even though we camped there for years. My love for it, and
my personal regard and 'guard of it, just grew from there. People ask
all the time what other people would do if they won they lottery. Well
let me say, I would live well no doubt, but I would also make sure that
two things I love would never lack for money: my dad and the ATC. My Dad
and his college roommate are still best friends, and they hike the AT in
Georgia and close states. They are in their 60's and I just love that
they do this. The Three Musketeers.

As far as the other questions:
Trail Name: Well, I am guessing it would be Dawg if I had one.

Hiking: Day hikes when I can. But I wear my hiking boots on campus. Does
that count?

AT: Well, if everyone loved and regarded like we all do, we wouldn't
have a problem now would we?

Marital Status: Not. And not sure. Tricky stuff. I didn't get an offer
to marry the one person I would have in the past few years. Cest la Vie.

Age: I am 38. I am truly surprised I lived this long. But I will be 39
next year and have my degree. Life is never truly over.

Kids: Two. One lives with me. The other lives at boarding school.

Color: Hunter Green...and Red of course. GO DAWGS!!!

Place want to visit: Nepal. And Paris. Sort of opposite huh?

Movies: The best movie ever is Sound of Music (classic choice) and When
Harry Met Sally (modern choice). As long as someone falls in love, or I
don't fall asleep or look at my watch, its cool. Oh, and I would just
like to say MIKE WOZOWSKI!!

Books: Oh man. There isn't enough bandwidth to address this. Fav: the
Fountainhead. The GREATEST book ever. Read all the Harry Potters. I love
the Linda Greenlaw books. Jon Krakauer. Steinbeck short stories. And
Biographies. I love to read non-fiction. And anything about the early
days of the computer industry. Man, you want intrigue and dumb luck and
stupid decisions, read about Jobs, Gates, Ellison, McNealy and male
egos. Nothing rivals it in modern history. Nothing. And magazines, I am
addicted to mags.

Music: Anything 70's. Anything folk. Most Jazz. Most old country. R&B.
No Rap. No twangy stuff.

TV: HBO. And I try never to miss an episode of Survivor. And I used to
never miss Friends, but now it sucks.

For a living: I used to be an accountant. Then I got laid off after 12
years. I went back to school, where I remain until next summer.

Vacation: Maine. Outer Banks. Anywhere with waves. I do mountains year
round since I live close. For vacation, I want sand.

Things I want to do before I die:
1. Travel to Nepal. I don't want to climb Everest, I think Lhotse is
more interesting. But then again, my love of Everest existed before the
current spat/glut of climbing. It's been ruined. But I still want to see
Nepal.
2. Fall in love and be loved. Deeply. Just once is all I am asking for.
3. Go to Paris.
4. Own a Sea Kayak and take it to Maine.
5. Live in Maine, if only for a year.
6. Buy a house.
7. Finish college. FINALLY!!!
8. Have another convertible.
9. Find out what became of Bryan Kohn (high school crush that I have
always wondered about).

I don't think I am that complicated. Well, ok, maybe. But I am female.
We have standards you know.
Dawg