[at-l] Re: who, where, & why

----- Original Message -----
From: "Arthur Gaudet" <agaudet@theworld.com>
> So I'd like to start a new thread that allows a bit of information to
flow.
> This was inspired by an at-l (I think) thread that I read in 1996, just
when
> preparing for my 1997 thru. The task is to say a few words about yourself,
> where you are writing from when you send to at-l, what the view is like
from
> your window (or cubical), and any info that might help with forming a
mental
> picture of who you are when responding to your messages. You may be
> surprised at what we find out about each other.

Good idea Rock Dancer. BTW I followed your hike on Trailplace and still have
a printout of all the journals from that year. I printed them and stuck them
in a 3 ring binder.

>From where I sit at my computer I have a window to my left that looks out on
my side yard. Through the maple trees that ring my acre I can see the
village cemetery. That's it. One of the best views from the house. Other
windows include the neighbors. In front of me is my exceedingly messy
computer desk. I gotta get organized someday. On my right is our loyal
Yellow Labrador. If you ever want to know what it feels like to be a
celebrity with a fan club, get a Lab. He thinks everything I do is
fascinating, but he doesn't hike with me (my choice, not his).

I used to work for the Dept of Labor as an office supervisor/LAN
Administrator. Yeah, I know. That's an odd combo but DOL was cheap and
didn't want to hire techs so they trained existing staff to do double duty.
Since retiring I spend my days doing what I want, which surprisingly
includes such mundane things as house and yard work and fun things like
playing with my photos in PhotoShop or Paint Shop Pro. When I am in the mood
I hop in my truck and drive South to the Adirondack High Peaks (1? hours
from here) to wander around (and take photos) for the day. I was going to do
that today but an errand that I thought would take an hour ended up taking
all morning. I didn't care. I'll go tomorrow. :) Life is good and it gets
even better when you retire. :) :) :) (Yes, I am gloating. Sorry.)

Saunterer